miércoles, 21 de agosto de 2013

Interview Champion – John Brzenk

Interview Champion – John Brzenk






-1. ¿How much time do you spend training and how did you get to know this sport and be interested in it?

I spend about one to two days a week practicing on a regulation table with other good armwrestlers that live in the Utah area.
My father introduced me to the sport at the early age of thirteen. Even though I armwrestled like any other young boy at that age, it was my father who got me into the professional side of the sport.

-2. ¿What armwresther do you admire most and why?
I admire the wrestler who sticks with it. Week in, and week out. while still getting beat by most of their competitors. It’s really easy to stick with something if you have a talent for it, but it’s a real love and passion  when everything comes a little bit harder.
-3. ¿What are your expectations in this sport?

I continue to enjoy the people I meet because of this sport. That and practicing week in and out with local friends is the best part of any sport. It’s the common goals and working together at times to reach these goals that makes sport so worthwhile.

 -4. ¿what other sport do you practice?
No other sport at this time …

 -5. ¿what advice would you give to the young boys and girls who start with this sport?
To start slow …Rome wasn’t built in a day. It takes time. Enjoy the training and learning. This is the best part, and getting better will come with time and dedication.

 -6.apart from this sport… what other objectives do you have for your future?
To stay healthy, and inform people of what I have enjoyed about this sport. At this point in my life I don’t have any new earth shattering goals … Staying within my limits and being injury free is something I strive for at this point.

-7.what armwrestling tecnique do you think is the best?
There is no best. They’re all good for different situations. And different competitors.  Being good at all the angles is the key to becoming more successful than the next guy.

-8. what has been your worst dissapointment in this sport?
That many people live their whole lives without realizing the joy and benefits sport gives to ones life. Armwrestling is something everyone can do there is no excuse to miss out on some type of physical activity!

-9. What would you never do to another participant?
Laugh …

-10.how much time do you rest before a competition?
Exactly Two weeks !

-11.what position do you think is the most strategic in the table?
The start is most important, learning how to set up, load, and hit can make all the difference between winning and losing.

-12. What negative aspects do you think exist in this sport?
That it’s not taken seriously, that it is viewed as a past time that guys do when their drunk in a bar.

-13.what type of training do you never do and which don't you like doing?
I have never thought doing much lower body work was worth the added weight and effort for this particular sport … I don’t like lifting at ALL. Most of my strength comes from playing the game on the armwrestling table …thousands of hours of repetition.

-14. which has been you worst injury?
My recent Shoulder injury …by FAR. Shoulders don’t work or heal very well once damaged.
I damaged mine not from armwrestling but by throwing a softball early in life.

-15. What have been your most important titles?
I’ve enjoyed them all at different points in my life. I don’t have a favorite. I am most proud of the ones that paid the most cash !!! because in my mind the very best were there for the highest prizes.

-16. How does it feel to be in the podium as world champion?






It’s been so normal for me for so long now I have a hard time appreciating it … I have to be reminded by others that it is very rare to be best at something. Even though it’s just armwrestling I’m very proud of having this title at different times during my life. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario