miércoles, 28 de agosto de 2013

Interview Champion!!!!! Jaba Getiashvili (English Version)

Interview Champion!!!! Jaba Getiashvili


-1. ¿How much time do you spend training and how did you get to know this sport and be interested in it?
Hi Nino. I have been training for 25 years now. I started when I was 15 when one of my friends asked me if I wanted to prove my strength. He took me one day to train with him, I really liked it and this is how I started.
-2. ¿What armwresther do you admire most and why?
I like my masters Roin Nozadze and Vefjvia Smaxarade , great athletes. But as mi best armwrestler friend, Rustam Bavev is the one I admire most.
-3. ¿What are your expectations in this sport?
I would like to win the NEMIROFF world cup as it is the title I am missing. I already finished second three times.
 -4. ¿what other sport do you practice?
When I was a kid I started with acrobatic gymnastics, up to the age of 15. But now I only train arm wrestling.
 -5. ¿what advice would you give to the young boys and girls who start with this sport?
My first advice would be to start with an adequate exercise, take care of your hands and rely on the adults.
 -6. ¿Apart from this sport… what other objectives do you have for your future?
I would like to start up my own gym, so that people can train and also train them to become European and world champions
-7. ¿What armwrestling tecnique do you think is the best?
From my point of view, the best technique is the “top roll” and the speed. You lose less energy and you win faster.
-8. ¿What has been your worst dissapointment in this sport?
My biggest disappointment in the sport has been related to the dopping of athletes. There should be a way to verify it correctly.
-9. ¿What would you never do to another participant?
I would never cheat.
-10.¿How much time do you rest before a competition?
I rest the last week.

-11. ¿what position do you think is the most strategic in the table?
For me, the most convenient position is to top roll
-12. ¿What negative aspects do you think exist in this sport?
I love this sport; I would not be able to say something negative about it. It would be better if it became Armwrestling Olimpic and grants would be appreciated.
-13. ¿what type of training do you never do and which don't you like doing?
I would like to armwrestler against strong people as that is what I miss most during my trainings. I hate to do resistance exercises so I don´t practice them.
-14. ¿which has been you worst injury?
My worst injury was in 2007 and it still hurts.
-15. ¿What have been your most important titles?
I am the world champion, twice European champion. And world and European finalist. I have also won a lot of international tournaments. I was a NEMIROFF finalist in 2006 and 2009.
-16. ¿How does it feel to be in the podium as world champion?
Nino, I want to say to all the athletes that the biggest happiness and pleasure is to become world champion and to be in the higgest peak of the world. I already experimented this once and I will try my best to feel again that happiness and listen to the national anthem.
..anything else you would like to say or tell us....

I wish lots of luck to all the athletes. With a lot of respect.




Jaba Getiashvili 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario