lunes, 3 de febrero de 2014

Interview champion!! Ivan Portela



Hi guys / girls

             Here you have the coveted interview with this great champion and best friend, Ivan Portela. Both behind him time to do that ... (not that many believed Had you asked me) 

             Ivan I say, I only have good words for him, I consider him one of the best people I met, I admire him very much as an athlete and everything that got ... (and get) only hope that someday I recognize that it deserves in this country is a nice tribute ... I hope you enjoy this great "Idol" of many (myself included)

Ivan Portela


1 What time do you train arm wrestling and how did you get so interested in this?

      I train two to three days a week, about 4 hours. My hobby is due to my father. From when I was small, I have been interested in the sport of arm wrestling, my father found it funny that so small I arm wrestled his friends and won . One day I met Miguel Angel Duran. Then I started this sport with more vigor and I would like to thank Miguel today.

2 Who is the Armwrestler that you most admire and why?
       In Spain without doubt it is my great friend and mentor "Quinito" Joaquín Garrido Laso. And it would be John Brzenk internationally.

3 What plans do you have within your future life and what are your aspirations for this sport?

       To ensure that this sport, will be recognized as such…as a sport. AND as an Olympic recognized sport too.
       And also, to possibly renew in some way the titles from arm wrestling… this would not be a bad thing



4 What other sports do you practice?

       Currently I only train as a bodybuilder and practice Armwrestling . Before I did a little bit of everything, boxing more than anything but is a very complete sport,…

5 What advice do you have for young people and children that want to start?

       I would say that they have the get up and go to do the sport, that there are no secrets, you win more the better trained you are. Everything will happen, every effort will be rewarded. As they say: Respect everybody and do not be afraid of anyone.

6 In addition to this sport discipline, what plans you have for your future?
.......
7 What do you think is the best technique within arm wrestling?

       I don't think that any technique is better than another but the best mode is its use. I remember that I have always been told, you can never win a world only by pulling from the inside.

8 What has been your biggest disappointment in the sport?

       We do not have the same coverage in the media as other sports. There is currently no aid for promoters, city councils, etc…



9 What would you do to another competitor?

       Never cause him any kind of intentional harm. I consider myself a clean competitor . The rivalry at the wrestling table is a nice thing, at the end of the day we are all people and no need to willfully harm another.

10 How long do you rest before a competition?
       I always rest 15 days if i have trained my hand in readiness, because it does not recover as well as the arm.

11 What you think is the most strategic position on the table?

      As I said before, I do not believe in one technique or another, you should compete in the form in which you feel comfortable and safe, this gives you a great advantage always.

12 What might you consider negative in this sport?
      For the most part…the little publicity currently in media and advertising… the fact that you don't have any support… from promoters or local council groups.

      The bad fame of this sport in our country… The thought that this sport is for drunkards, that break arms and generally fight in the bars… This cannot be so different from than the reality… This is a sport, people train, suffer, people stick to diets, they want to overcome… this is a sport.

13 What training don't you perform? What is the one sport that you hate to do?

       Every sport is good. I don't do triceps training. I've tried to train in every way, in the arm wrestling sector you use everything in your upper body.

14 What has been your worst injury?

      Tendinitis in my left arm.

15 Why don`t you tell me about the titles of your most important competitions?

      That`s easy, 8 world championships and 8 European championships that I have won.



16 How does it feel to be on the podium and be world champion?

       It is an overflowing feeling of wealth, the reward for your efforts, the pride as you raise your countries flag in this sport and especially the feeling of having fulfilled a dream.

Is there something that you want to add? Is there anything you want tell us?

       I know that I am repeating myself, but the effort to overcome, to be better, to be faster, to be more technical, the total give to be able to compete in your weight group,… you cannot call this anything else but a sport.
 (Ivan Portela, currently preparing to achieve new triumphs)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario